LoVe PoeTrY

Write A Poem Today - even if it doesn't makes sense to anyone else or have a Perfect Rhyme.
-XoK

Saturday, December 1, 2007

My GRamMPY


"We live in the middle of the forest, upon the border of the river.
We can hunt, fish or bathe... when we please. At present, we
roast ducks before a good fire: and, what is better, we cut
the wood in the forest ourselves. You know how we amuse ourselves
at Geneva in sailing a boat. Well, I amuse myself better here navigating
the canoes of the Indians. They are constructed of birch bark, and are
charming to go with one or two inside. One can lie down in them as a
bed, and can paddle at his ease. There is not a little stream which has
not water enough for one of these pretty craft. Once I descended a very
slight little river. The weather was superb. I saw meadows at two feet from me.
I was reclining in my canoe on a blanket. There was so little water I seemed
to glide along upon the reeds and grass.

I do joiner's work... I draw, I play the violin. I go to all the parties... we are here in company
with five Genevans. It is true three of them were born here in America,
but they have non the less preserved the republican blood of their ancestors:
and (Lewis) DeLesDenier... is one of all the Americans that I have seen
the most zealous and full of enthusiasm for liberty of his country."

Serre to Ballodet

Date not given.

No comments:

Thanks for Visiting mY BLoG

-XoK.

THE SEA SHED


THIS IS A BLOG WHERE YOU CAN FIND ART IN MANY FORMS.
&
FIND THINGS IN LIFE THAT INSPIRE ME.

-XoK.
Kimberly S. Ashby
Powered By Blogger
NeVeR,
neVer,
NeVeR
StOp
D
r
e
a
M
i
n
G

k.